Officer Election Information
Elections will take place on Thursday, December 4th at 6:15 pm in CSE 119.
- Students seeking candidacy must have attended at least 2 IIE events in the past two semesters (Fall 2014 and Spring 2014).
- Students seeking candidacy for an executive position must have already held a prior officer position.
- Students seeking candidacy must sign up for the all the positions they want to run for BEFORE elections day. Candidates cannot “slate down” to position they have not signed up for prior to election day.
- Elections will be run by the outgoing President with the support of the President-Elect once he/she is elected.
- Positions will be voted on in the order they appear in the IIE constitution:
Ultimately responsible for all events and activities; Legally accountable for all actions and decisions by IIE; Represents IIE to UF, companies and the ISE department; Responsible for attaining speakers for all meetings; Runs general body and officer meetings; Point of contact for all National IIE communications and tasks; Makes all decisions and policies for the overall benefit of IIE; Oversee Executive Board and Officer Core; Maintain IIE Officer facebook group and GroupMe; Maintain Google Drive
Vice President of Internal Affairs
Plan and Run All Internal Events: Happy Hours, Faculty/Student Luncheon, Community Service events, Socials, Camping; Ensure General Body Meetings food and setup runs smoothly; Responsible for Resume Critiquing team; GBM sign in sheet; All room reservations; Plan officer social/party and dinner; Oversee Chapter Development Chairs
Vice President of External Affairs
Assist President with corporate involvement; Plan Career Showcase Crash Course and partner with other student organizations; Plan Plant Tours for current semester/next semester; Organize and run Green Belt Classes; National IIE scholarship nominations and paper competition; Lead efforts in creating and ordering IIE apparel; Joint workshops with other societies in ISE department; Oversee Networking and Athletics director
Manage Dept. Student Org. Budget; Create Budget with President; Write and submit SG budget to BEC; Handle Reimbursements; Write and submit Special Activity Requests as needed; Manage Bank Account; Maintain information on available capital and current cash flows; Oversee Fundraising and BEC Rep.
Disseminate announcements to IIE members via: Facebook Group, Listserv Newsletters via MailChimp, Non-ISE e-mail list via MailChimp; Utilize UF IIE Twitter and Instagram; Post events on Facebook and website with help from webmaster; Create and send Monthly Company Newsletter; Take notes for Officer Meeting Minutes; Oversee Webmaster
M&M Program Coordinator
Create semester plan and goal for M&M program; Pair up Mentors/Mentees at beginning of semester and throughout as necessary; Plan and host Mentor/Mentee professional events and socials; Send weekly emails to all M&Ms; Maintain point system and implement rewards for most involved students; Keep track of inventory for and order M&M t-shirts; Work with P&G sponsors to receive budgeting and plan events with representatives; Pair “Big” Mentors from YAAB with pairs of M&M students; Provide opportunities for “Big” Mentors to interact with M&Ms
Run all information sessions; Continuously update internship database with new entries; Reach out to student body to collect entries for internship database; Update opportunities webpage with information provided by IIE President
Plan fundraising events for Relay for Life (or current IIE fundraising event); Manage merchandise and online store; Distribute merchandise to buyers; Help with Green Belt Class (set up in fall, actual event in spring)
Chapter Development Chair 1
Handle all food/drink and paper goods at all events; Coordinate and assist with cleanup at end of meetings/events; Assist VP Internal with planning events; Create and execute meeting opener activities; Chapter Development Plan (Fall) ; CAR Report (Spring)
Chapter Development Chair 2
Handle all food/drink and paper goods at all events; Coordinate and assist with cleanup at end of meetings/events; Assist VP Internal with planning events; Create and execute meeting opener activities; Chapter Development Plan (Fall); CAR Report (Spring)
Attend BEC meetings; Join a BEC Committee; Gather and disseminate information from BEC meetings; Handle advertising done via BEC; Develop relationship and host events with other organizations
Keep banners updated with upcoming events on website; Maintain current officer info on website; Implement projects on website to maximize website’s use as a resource to IIE members; Maintain IIE calendar; Assist Communications chair
Assemble and captain intramural teams; Manage football block with OEM (Fall); Be the football block Chairsperson- attend weekly meetings (Fall); Coordinate IIE’s participation in GatorZone contests; Coordinate IIE effort for athletic events (ISE Olympics, Lake Wauburg social, etc)
- Before voting for each position, candidates are allowed two minutes to speak on why they are the best choice for that position. During this time, the remaining candidates will wait outside the election room.
- After each candidate has spoken, all candidates for the position will leave the room. There will then be a time for all the voters to discuss the candidates.
- The total time for discussion will be one minute times the number of candidates (2 minutes for executive positions).
- A voting member present may have 20 seconds to include any information or opinion about any candidate.
- The members allowed to speak will be selected by the outgoing president
- Voting will proceed once the discussion time ends or no more discussion is at hand.
- Voting will be anonymous via a heads down / hands up vote.
- The winning candidate must receive a simple majority vote. If only a plurality is attained, a runoff between the top two candidates will be held.