Officer Election Information
Elections will take place on Thursday, April 10 at 6:15pm in Weil 270.
- Students seeking candidacy must have attended at least 2 IIE events in the past two semesters (Fall 2013 and Spring 2014).
- Students seeking candidacy for an executive position must have already held a prior officer position.
- Students seeking candidacy must sign up for the all the positions they want to run for BEFORE elections day. Candidates cannot “slate down” to position they have not signed up for prior to election day.
- Elections will be run by the outgoing President with the support of the President-Elect once he/she is elected.
- Positions will be voted on in the order they appear in the IIE constitution:
- Vice President of Internal Affairs
- Vice President of External Affairs
- Communications Director
- M&M Program Coordinator
- Networking Director
- Fundraising Director
- Chapter Development Chair 1
- Chapter Development Chair 2
- BEC Representative
- Athletics Director
- ISE SAC Representative
- Before voting for each position, candidates are allowed two minutes to speak on why they are the best choice for that position. During this time, the remaining candidates will wait outside the election room.
- After each candidate has spoken, all candidates for the position will leave the room. There will then be a time for all the voters to discuss the candidates.
- The total time for discussion will be one minute times the number of candidates (2 minutes for executive positions).
- A voting member present may have 20 seconds to include any information or opinion about any candidate.
- The members allowed to speak will be selected by the outgoing president
- Voting will proceed once the discussion time ends or no more discussion is at hand.
- Voting will be anonymous via a heads down / hands up vote.
- The winning candidate must receive a simple majority vote. If only a plurality is attained, a runoff between the top two candidates will be held.
Unfortunately, the nomination process is now closed. Good luck to those who are running!